Blue Ridge Mountains

The Jefferson Institute is waiting for approval from Homeland Security that allows us to issue the I-20 so that you can get a student visa from the American Embassy in your country. For this reason, you will need a tourist visa to come to the U.S. You can study English for a maximum of 18 hours per week if you come to the U.S. on a tourist visa. All of our courses are for 18 hours a week, which is considered part-time study by the American government. Normally, you can stay in the U.S. for a maximum of six months if you have a tourist visa.